A general off page SEO strategy does not suit all the websites. Different websites require a different level of strategy. So, here are some SEO off page strategies for different websites from different niche.
Image Submission Strategy
- Suitable for websites with product/ Services. For example, E-commerce, travel sites, Art etc. But applicable to all.
- Submit images on famous websites such as Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Tinypic, Imgur, Photobucket etc. and build your profile
- Google lately introduced similar items and related products on the mobile image search. Try it. Works better for mobile devices
- Name the image properly
- Reduce the size before uploading
- Try to include product brand name, category name, product type, color etc. in the image name.
- If you are interested in competitors targeting, you can also include your competitors brand name, services name or a product name to get more brand awareness. Here is a complete guide on Competitors’ targeting across all channels and Competitors targeting through search ads.
Sample image submission websites
Product Image submission sites
App Submission strategy
- Download the .apk file and submit it to the app submission websites.
- App Submission is different to review
- App Submission helps in the App branding
- App submission sites accept android and iOS apps differently
- Some of the details that need to be optimized while submitting an app could be app name, author name, app publish date, app version etc. (Please learn about it)
App Submission sites
- App review is a part of the advocative marketing where we ask influencers to review the app.
- An Influencer should be chosen based on region, app category, influencer website authority etc.
- Once chosen, they should be approached through a mail to review the app. The mail should include details about the app and why the influencer is a fit for reviewing the app.
- Most of the app reviews nowadays are paid. Still, there is no harm in trying for a free review.
Forum discussions & external seeding in Offpage SEO
- Forum Discussion is one of the most powerful off-page SEO tactics. It not only helps in branding but also helps in driving very relevant traffic to the website.
- A most basic yet important part of forum discussion is finding out the relevant forums. It needs iterative Google search skills.
- Many forums allow very minimal hyperlinks
- Relevancy to a forum could be defined based on category, website type, geography, website extension, language etc.
- Please use tools like Ahrefs and SEMRush to find from where the competitors are getting the backlinks and list them out in the next slides as per the clients
Common Forum Discussion sites
- Google Groups
- Yahoo Groups
- Group Spaces
- Forum Discussion can also be extended to the niches sister to the client niche.
Forum & Discussion websites related to job, resume & interview industry
Profile Creation for external backlinks
- Profile Creation on different HA sites helps in getting do-follow backlinks provided we are much active on those sites.
- Generally, when we create a profile on social media, forums, image submission sites etc. by default, we also do a profile creation for the website.
- Forget not to fill in all details such as profile name, location, URL (Most important), logo, profile picture etc. and whichever is applicable.
YouTube SEO strategy
YouTube commenting is another powerful way of generating traffic. But it needs shrewdness in deciding when and where to put the comment.
YouTube blog linking Strategy
- Put the link of a related blog in the description of your video
- Also, embed the video in that blog, preferably in the top half of the blog.
- This gives a signal that there is a video that exists for that blog and there is a blog that exists for that video.
- This mutual linking strategy gives you quality traffic from Youtube to blog and Blog to Youtube.
- I have also noticed that the traffic engagement time of the traffic is higher on the complementary platform. For example, traffic to blog from a related Youtube has a much higher average session duration compared to other traffic. And, video watch duration is much higher of a video for the traffic originating from the blog.
- Look at the bounce rate, pages per sessions and average session duration of the YouTube traffic below.
Youtube Comments Strategy
- Choose a channel which is an odd mix of
- Being viral
- Having a good subscribers base
- Generates handsome views
- Is contextual
- Is geographically correct
- Comment under a viral video (Use Google trends to find the viral video)
- Forget not to like comments from other profiles to keep the comment afloat.
Blog comments strategy for external links
- Blog comments are other ways to get do-follow backlinks from the high-ranking blogs.
- Sometimes, not just one but more than four to five comments on a single blog gives you a backlink.
- Blogs should be relevant and from a similar niche.
- For the ease of blog comments, you can make a profile on some comment management system such as Commentluv, Disqus etc. This will help in reducing comments disapprovals.
Business Listing for Backlinks
- List the Business on the relevant business listing sites.
- Forget not to update the phone number and email on these websites.
- The business listing should be done on the basis of the targeted country and website category.
- Pre-requisite: For the feed submission to work, there should be a feed on the website.
- Feed submissions are usually preferred for the websites where the content constantly changes almost on the daily basis. For example, blogs and news sites.
- In some cases, we can also submit the blog feed of your client websites to the blog directories.
- Feed submissions can also be said as blog directory submission in where we submit feeds.
Viral content targeting
- As mentioned before, trendy topics can be used to gain instant traffic.
- Please use Google Trends, Google news, Twitter, Reddit, Youtube for the same.
- It helps in generating traffic and exposure
Get Ratings & reviews for Offpage SEO
Reviews, besides SEO, also helps in ORM. Some of the platforms which could be utilized for the reviews are
- Social Media profiles such as Facebook
- Google My Business
- Third party websites such as Yelp and,
- your own website
Software Submission Strategy for backlinks
- Software submission is another sneaky way to discuss the product indirectly.
- For example, a company in technology also has an app which connects with their products together. On software submission sites, we can submit different versions of the software by creating a profile
- We can also try to get reviews and ratings
Software submission sites
- Google Play
- CNET Shareware.com
- IT Pro Downloads
- 5 Star Shareware
- Free Downloads Center
- Cool Tool of the Day
- Netscape Shareware
- The File Transit
Search Engine Submissions for indexing
- Besides Google and bing, there are other search engines also where we can submit the sitemap.
- Different regions or countries have different local search engines. Do not ignore them.
- However, search engine submission requires that you have your technical SEO audit done on the website.
Social bookmarking is one of the top three link building strategies. You will be able to improve your website’s Google ranking by improving your link popularity through social bookmarking. Social bookmarking brings about numerous benefits to your website.
Social bookmarking sites
Other off-page SEO strategies to consider
- Classified submission
- Video promotions
- Website listing
- Editing Wikipedia pages
- Guest posting